Saturday 17 January 2009

Second Date

Well, what can I say?

One minute I was busy minding my own business, trying to clear up the dirty pots at the dorm and generally keeping out of the way of the dorm cook and the cow mascot.



Seriously, he really ticked her off so much that they ended up brawling, right there in the kitchen. Sadly, the cook, being a lot older, lost out..... both times.




Oh yes, they fought between each other.... twice.

*sigh*

Seriously, thanks to that interfering Cow Mascot, we could all be living off burned spaghetti for a while. He's definitely put her in a bad mood for it.



Not only that, he decided to muscle in on a few of my dorm buddies and caused mayhem there, insulting them all left and right. I can't say I blame him for Aiden (he's a jerk anyway) but it shouldn't happen to all the rest.....



Oh, where was I?

Oh, that's right..... I was minding my own business, when my cell phone rang. It fair buzzed a hole in my pocket. Whilst I was answering that, the dorm phone started to ring too.
Oh boy, was I popular that day.

The first one was Dorian, asking me on a second date. Oh wow, can you imagine how thrilled I was that he'd given me another chance?

I answered the other call to find it was Cleve, another of Dad's old college buddies and close friend of Dorian's. Apparently he'd heard just how wonderful a person I was, and wanted to set up a group social that same evening.

I had to say no and disappoint him though. There was no way I was going to pass up the opportunity of a second date. Especially with Dorian.



I didn't even have time to change, before the taxi was here. So I went in my usual togs, trying to look impressive. Especially given the venue I'd chosen. It has such a great reputation and pleasant surroundings.




This time, we went further afield to Downtown and Bernard's Botanical Garden Restaurant. Ohh yes, VERY upmarket indeed. The waiters and staff were in full liveried clothing. But the atmosphere there was really nice and relaxed.

It was also a magnet for the most 'unusual' of townies.
A Grand Vampire....



An Evil Witch.....



The Gypsy Matchmaker....



Oh, and not forgetting the ultimate in 'date breakers', Mrs Crumplebottom. (you REALLY don't want to mess with her, trust me, she's lethal with that handbag of hers)



I got the table, (the Maitre'D had a bad haircut and the creepiest of eyes) and whilst I sat waiting for Dorian (I have no idea what took him so long to sit down), I browsed the menu and opted for the salmon dinner.


When he finally sat down, he ordered the spaghetti. I know, not really that adventurous, but it's what he picked out anyway.



We sat chatting and stuff. I found that he disagreed with me over my plans to be a Space Pirate. But still, that's one of my goals in life.

It was then that it suddenly came out of the blue. He reached across and stroked my hand.



I reached across and stole some of his food.



It felt so right.... so perfect.




Then I looked at him with a cheesy, nervous grin on my face....

... and proposed.





Whilst I was sitting there, feeling a little crazy and nervous, hoping I hadn't made a big blunder, he reached across and took the box with a huge gasp and a wide grin on his face.



And promptly said.....

"Yes!"



I'll tell you what, I was the happiest girl in that restaurant that night.



We had a few dances together, grinding and such (and keeping a close look-out for Mrs C).



Dorian wanted me to have my picture taken in the booth, but I refused. I didn't think I was pretty enough. So he grabbed his camera and took a snap anyway.



Which was fine by me.



We flirted and held hands, and ended the date nicely.



Which was very good indeed, as I was so nervous about all of this. After all, it was a 'spur of the moment' thing.

I do have a few misgivings though and suspect that Dorian is a secret bubble blower addict.
A few times, I've caught him looking longingly at the apparatus, with a wistful look on his face.





Hmm, as he's Dad's best buddy, I think I'd better get a few facts from him first.
Hope he doesn't mind me prying into his life a little.
I like to see what makes him tick anyway.

I was exhausted by the end of the night and turned in.
Not long to go before the end of my Freshman Year and it's been packed to the hilt so far.
I can't wait for the next 3 years, just to see what's going to happen then.




Cheerio for now.

Helen

No comments:

Disclaimer

These stories have been specifically created by myself, using the Sims 2 and Sims 3 games as their basis.

These are exclusive original stories.

I would appreciate it if they are not copied and posted elsewhere, plagiarism is frowned upon in this day and age.

Any similarities to other peoples' stories is purely coincidental and not intended maliciously.

I would also like to give a big thanks for all those hard working folks out there whose CC I have used in the screenshots.
You all know who you are, I thank you very much indeed, you deserve a pat on the back.

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and it's licensors.
All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2008 - 2012